Every year, when Idol season starts, it becomes a tradition in my family to make Wednesdays and Thursdays as Idol evenings and we would sit on the couch and pick our favourites. There were a few of mine this year, and I'm proud to say that a few ppl that I have eyed on are still on the running. One however, has been a constant reminder to me as I recall of this year's selection. And he is Danny Gokey.
Danny Gokey is taking the world by storm with his story of hope and courage - one that he out pours this season. There were many stories that we have heard over the years but Danny's was unforgettable. Danny has touched the hearts of many viewers who have lost a loved one in their life. Danny tried out for American Idol just weeks after his wife died during an operation. congenital heart disorder.
The first time I heard him sang in the audition room, I knew he would be one of those who would go far in this competition. I remember he auditioned with his friend, Jamaa'r who was equally good but didn't make it to the Top 36. Many months from then, we watched him grow as a contestant and a singer, most of all as a person, who poured his heart out through the many wonderful and unforgettable song he has sung, most of the soft ones in which we all knew, was dedicated to his dear wife.
And this evening, he sang one of the most famous love songs of all time-My Endless Love. That song was mom and dad's wedding song. Well, just watch the video and you'll get why I'm rooting for him...
Beautiful, isn't it? If he can melt the heart of a girl all the way from Malaysia, I'm sure he has melted the hearts of millions in America. Although he may not be as popular as Adam Lambert, who is younger, cuter and FYI, is GAY, but I'm rooting for this guy simply because he is the simpler, innocent, more pure one and a person that holds love so dear to his heart, this is the guy who deserves to join the American Idol family.. I'm sure his wife is watching down at him, smiling and being so proud of him for being so strong and making it this far already...

No comments:
Post a Comment