I have never been good in communicating with older people. Networking with people my age seems to be my forte, and so my ego says, but with older people, things seem to take a different turn. There I was wondering how to eat my lunch. Should I eat at the pantry? Last Monday was equally awkward, do I want it to happen again? Never have I thought that i will have a communiction breakdown. All Thanks to the darn influence of the TARC community, its taking away the best part of me. But perhaps its because I was never informed of things beyond my boundary, which leaves me with nothing to talk about.
My nasi lemak was so tempting. I attempted to eat at my desk, but I know clearly and as much that it doesn't follow the rules. Not that I'm breaking any laws or anything, but whats the pantry for it you don't use it???
And so I went. Brought my "I Love You" cup which I planned to fill some Milo in to help me get through the spiciness of the oh-so-sumptuous-but-damn-spicy nasi lemak. And though its gonna be difficult to finish til the very last bit, that wasn't what I was worried about the most.
I entered. Made Milo. Sat. I was alone! Could this be?? Do I get to escape the weird aura? Am I REALLY gonna be alone???
Soon enough, my hopes crashed as I watch the "Big Shots" of the company staffs enter one by one. Before I know it, two tables were full and I was on the third. Then more people rushed in.
Awkwardness presumed as I sat quietly and tried finishing my food while everyone was gradually talking louder and louder like a fish market. How I wished at that moment that I went out to eat with Sing Yeen and Nicole (my seniors) when they invited me to join them earlier. Suddenly missed them very much.
But what didn't stop me from savouring my delicious nasi lemak. With every bite I savoured right until the very end. Proud to say this girl who was anti-spicy is now a follower. Only a beginner but nevertheless, a follower. Also thanks to the spicy chips I had yesterday. With good company and nice conversations, eating it slowly first became numb but gradually got my taste buds back, and it actually tasted really good. Thanks to the nice person.
Now, my journey with spiciness starts.... More chips to go!!! =)

No comments:
Post a Comment