I have lived this life of mine for almost 20 years now. (Well, its actually 19..My brithday still didn't pass yet. ^^) Throughout this lifetime, I adore animals. Especially dogs. Puppies are cuter. :D I used to have three dogs, by the name of Chubbie, Rocky and Shaggy. Chubbie was the eldest, and being the only rose among the thorns, both Rocky and Shaggy often try to steal her attention. Rocky, the bigger fella with no doubt often over-powered little Shaggy. Because no matter how he tried to stand tall, Rocky was always taller. Haha. Talk about the battle of the sizes. I mean, of course! How can a mere Shih Tzu overpower a Cocker Spaniel & Spitz mixed?? Its sad that I dun have any pictures to reminisce of the good times they shared between themselves... because Shaggy is gone now. And so is Chubbie. Now all that’s left is Rock and Rocky alone….Until the 31st of August this year….
There he was, standing at the front of my gate. And from the view from the top, I could see him holding something that was so small, so fragile. And then I knew. He was here.
*Flashback*
The day before, he video called me and showed me the image of the little fella. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. A cute little thing, it looked so innocent and harmless. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it (even only through the video). But despite the cuteness, I was reluctant to take it. I couldn't’t take it, considering the situation that he and I were in. But he bought it already and wasn’t able to return it back. It was for my Birthday. My birthday present. He thought that the month after August was October. So he quickly bought it. He was so silly. Last year he also thought that August 18th was my birthday instead of October. Sigh...Is my birthday really that hard to remember??!!??
I felt a rush of guilt in me. Buying a Shih-Tzu wasn’t cheap. Even if it wasn’t sold by a centre, it would still cost a few hundreds. Heavy hundreds... For a pure breed like it, its sold for RM 1,200. Sigh…
When I came downstairs, I saw him. And the Shih-Tzu. It was so small! About Size 7 of a school shoe. Maybe a size 6. The colour was extraordinary, definitely not common for pure breed. Patches of black and white. And a touch of brown near its butt and left ear. My heart melted when I saw it. And melted even more when I first held it. He then told me the several things I have to do about the puppy, and how it should be taken care of. My family loved it too. How can they not…??? It was so adorable. It is a male. We were calling it “Puppy…!!” and “Doggy!” so I wanted to name him. The night before I was pondering to myself, that it I really were to take this puppy, what name should I give it. What I wanted was to somehow have like, the Initial or a part of the name of the giver to be named in the little fella. What first came was Colax. It had a part of the giver’s name. Ironically, it was so close to the mane Polax which was the team who won the 2nd place in my college’s cheerleading competition. Haha. How sad...haha...But anyways I sticked yo it but the more I call it, the more difficult is it to pronounce. It doesn't rhyme, you know.. Col-Ax. It was not right. Then I wanted to name is Panda. Coz it lookes like a Panda. But mom says it reminds her of the WWF symbol. Haha. So I skipped this. Then just recently, sis fell in love with this singer named Colby Adonis who sang the current hit, 'What U Got'. So ske was like, man, just name the fella ColB la..and I thought it was cool. Hehe...COLB. Yupes!!! That’s the name I finally chose for it. It’s pronounced as COL-B. ‘Col’ plucked from his name, Collien...
It’s been three weeks now since little ColB first stepped foot into this house..And slowly, im watching grow bit by bit..with every sleep, every puppy-nap, and every bits of food..I never got to watch Shaggy grow..im glad that now, I cant watch my little ColB grow into a bigger cushion. :D He looks happy with us..I hope he is…And since then, it has gone FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Collien and ColB*

First picture...


No comments:
Post a Comment