It just seemed like yesterday, but it has been a month plus since college actually mattered to me more than usual.
It all started one fine day in college. I was in one of my tutorial classes. A message came in. I thought it was the usual but it was from sis. She told me that TARC is having it's first cheerleading competition. And I was like wert????!!!???? Cheerleading in a place like this??????!!!? Haha. What a complete joke! TARC wouldn't even KNOW the definition of cheerleading. And they're organizing one!!?!? Haha. I was skeptical. But class was so boring that day that it allowed my mind to wander off for awhile. I was thinking, my life in college is already a miserable as it is. So I thought, what is it that I have to loose??? So one other fine day, both sis and I decided to go to the booth where it promoted Cheer. True enough, there WAS really a booth in Canteen 2. Haha. So we had a good conversation with CK and decided to go to its first GM.
In the GM, we were actually separated into groups according to our schools. Sis and I were certainly in SBS. There were a few free guys roaming around so when this tall Indian dude asked "Who wants me???" I was like "ME!" Haha. Coz our aim was to get as many guys in the team to deal with the pyramids and formation. So we stole two guys, and had three more. But too bad, one of them backed out because he said he was just chillin' out and lookin around at girls. What a....haih...But hey, thats good coz I wouldn't want any undedicated team members in my team coz it would pose so much of problems. Anyways, with 4 boys and 9 girls, we formed a team of 13. Sis and I were sooo excited! Finally after all those years, we could dance together again! El-Ninoz came out from the corner of my mind, and it become the name of our team. Yeapz...Yummy name...The combination of hot and cold temperature and air which forms a rather ghastly wind, stronger than typhoon that blows off anything in its path. Kinda vicious but powerful!!!! Haha.
So when the time came, 2nd of August, we were all so afraid and excited at the same time! A mere one month of practice and a four-near-five-minutes of routine is quite pressuring. The day before the competition everyone was so tensed. And that was the first time I personally saw Raymond break off his patience. Everyone was so stressed up lar. Even I was cranky. But it was nothing serious lar. When the day arrived, the hall was filled up with more people than expected. By the time it was competition time, everyone was so pumped up! Being the leader, it was the most stressful moment. I was afraid of each pyramid, each formation, each dance move. Most of my cheerleaders weren't truly experienced in cheerleading, but I had all my confidence in them. I believe that Sis, Bernice and I have whipped everyone into the best possible shape in the shortest possible time.
When the time came for us to perform, I was like, just do ur best and no regrets!!! Haha. And so we went out there and gave it our all. I could feel the adrenalin..and I know that everyone did the best they can. All the efforts of staying back for practice, hours and hours of refining, it was all not in vain at all. The four minutes was energy-draining. By the time we finished the last formation, we were all out of breath. The crowd was cheering wildly for us. And when i say wildly, i meant WILDLY. I mean, seriously! All the screaming and shouting...it all contributed to an outstanding performance. And I knew at that moment that even if we didn't win the Champs, we already are Champs..
When results time was out, everyone was nervous. Anxious. We all held hands as the MC announced the position. As expected, El-Ninoz got the best supporter award. Then, 2nd runner up.......okay..not us..first runner up.........not us....then "And now, the winner, the Champions for TARC Cheerleading competition for the year 2008 is....EL-NINOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was speechless. Everyone was speechless. We just SCREAMED OUR HEADS OUT and threw our pom poms high up to the ceiling!!!! FREAKIN AID!!! WE WON!!!!!!!!! It was such an amazing feeling! The feeling of victory! What more could we ask. Here are some of the pics...But before u look at it, here are some words of Thanks...
Thanks a lot to Sis, our beloved Co-Captain for providing us all the amazing, superb steps and the perfect choreography! Salutes to u sis!!! Couldn't have done it without ya! Love ya lots!
Thanks to Bernice, the babe who shared half the Captain-cy for sharpening and refining each steps in each and everyone of the members.
And most importantly, Thanks to all the El-Ninoz Teammates. Each and everyone has contributed to our success. Looking back at the video, it was certainly a clear cut between us and the rest of the team. We were the best!!Bwahaha!! ^_^ Thanks to the girls: Sis, Bernice, Ho Li, Joanne, Jasmine, Jacqueline, Amanda, and Sheryl. And Thanks to my guys, Raymond (we call him Raymie ^^), Shara, Cyrus and Su San. To Raymie dear, Thanks a lot for constantly carrying the radio for us! Thanks to the existence of your car and ur Dad for giving u it! So glad u didn't give up on us!! To Shara, ur the man!!! U have been the constant light that shines through when we reached humps and bumps, and was the constant source of motivation for the team! Thanks! To Cyrus, keep shakin' ur booty man!!! I bet many more girls out there would love to see u booty shaking!! And Su San, Thanks for being a great flyer!!!
None of this would have been possible without your endless dedication, hard work, team work and determination. As your Captain, I can never be more proud with each and everyone of you. I couldn't have done this on my own. And did you see how good we look!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!! All the hassle with the clothes paid off!!!
Lastly,
"GOOD JOB, GOOD JOB!!! *clasp clasp*
"GOOD JOB, GOOD JOB!!! *clasp clasp*"

*Smiles of victory!*

My Boys...

Savouring the moment ^^

My Girls...
More pics...





EL-NINOZ ALL THE WAY!!!

1 comment:
ha ha...el ninoz...
we are on the attack attack
got no!!!
extra fats..
we dont eat big mac..
its gross!!!
mind yr head
u might get smack
we've got more games than the mac they called shack..
the moonlight
the twist.the shake and bake????
We can do it all right here at stake..
shove yr head in
so yr mind won't blow..
sit back
relax
and enjoy the SHOW!!!!
Donno weather is it correct???
ha ha....
Post a Comment