Thursday, February 19, 2009

A sudden change...

Three months. Three long months of college free and guess what I have gotten myself into? See Hoy Chan. Ever heard?? Wondering what is it??? Hehe. It’s a company. And quite a big one. Really diversified company which focuses mainly on property development, facilities management, engineering, IT, and the list goes wayyy on.. Yeap, I am doing internship now. Initially I didn’t plan to intern, despite the fact that I have submitted my application way back a few months ago. I didn’t even have the intention of following up!!! I just sent the application and decided to forget about it, until someone got into my head and gave it one hard knock. Iish…actually I was supposed to call them up a month ago, in which I didn’t because I changed my mind about it, but because of my conscience and guilt that I never really took it seriously, I decided to call and give it a try. I was saying to myself, “Okay just one call.” And so I did. One phone call and the next thing I know, I was heading to Uptown 5 for an interview.

Back in the interview boardroom, it was chilly down to my spine because it was the first time I ever gotten me into such a formal face-to-face “thing”. Then the door opened, and my Boss stepped into the room. Damn my heart was pounding so fast I think it was about to come off my chest! Then we sat down and started talking. Mr Wong was a nice guy, and he seemed warm and professional too. Humble in his words, he made things look easier and before I know it, we were conversing like a normal young lady and uncle. He asked a lot about me, in which I tried to describe in the most professional manner (of course wert, must be impressive right??), asking things like what’s my strengths and weaknesses among other things. And then the final predicament came. When he said “Okay, we shall see you on Monday then,” I was fleeting n the air! Darn..It was a good feeling to know I have passed the interview!

So here I am now, in my office, under the Administration & HR Division. My senior, Sing Yee seems to be a nice person, and Nicole seems friendly too. It has been one week since I started this place and other than the fact that this place is reaaaaly cold, everything else is great! And the one thing that’s really interesting about my department is that they are constantly feeding us with food!!! Yeap yeap..hehe.. Tidbits. I think every department gets it too. That is the one very nice thing about See Hoy Chan. Endless supply of food…!!! Weeee…..

And just last week they gave us this tidbit that had the theme “Lurve” in it in conjunction with Valentine’s Day. Everyone got two. But the next day I got another two because they had extra. Hehe..nothing makes me happier than food!!! Then they sent nice mails to remind us of the countdown to Valentine’s Day too. Also, they had advertisements on selling gift/potted plants campaign for the men to buy for their lovely ladies. During the last day I saw a couple of those in some of the desks and it was really sweet of their other halves. Nicole got one from her husband too.
Pics of office...


1 comment:

Ray[m]ond said...

heyhey..Jean!Great 2 see u guys havin intership ady. I wil link u as mine friend list in my blog. Take time do visit mine blog sometime.10q.Kp in touch