Thursday, October 2, 2008

Does SIZE really matter???

Since size 4 is the new size 6 and size 0 becoming the new size 2, everyone has become more conscious about how they look like. At least in my world, it is. Watch in the movie Devil Wears Prada and you'll entirely get what I mean. But honestly, does size really matter???
I have seen friends slimming down and going through an agonizing diet just to look better. They don't eat at all, and exercise when they have the chance. The only thing they eat are probably bread and fruits. And drink nothing but water-sugarless, and tasteless. And Perhaps fruits and raw vegetables, since they have no fats whatsoever. Even bread has calories so it's probably out of the question. What they do is just smell and look at those moist, juicy, and filled-with-fats food, and watch painfully as others gobble on the sumptuous meals. Then there is vomiting out food from the belly. Putting stuffs into the throat, forcing all the nutrients out of the body before they are used by the system. Bulimic, anorexic, the list goes on. But the question is, why the suffering?? Is the torment worth?? Over months, or even weeks, yes they do loose pounds after pounds. For some. they look emaciated. Even for these stick-looking people, in their eyes they are still not thin enough, though their bones are just a layer away. It's sad to see these people looking so pale and weak in the name of beauty.
Then there are some people who are born with a-bit-more-weight. Especially girls, as they grow they become more self-conscious about themselves. Consequently, due to peer pressure and insecurities, they start to shun themselves from the crowd. Other people don't give them chances either, spitting out cruel words and names as they walk by.
Why does this happen? Is it a crime to be fat?? Is there a rule against fat people??? No. There isn't. It is just the minds of shallow people coming together to make a full out of themselves more than the person that they want to make a fool out of just to make themselves feel better. Who says that being 'thin' is the right thing, and being big sized is wrong?? There is no saying to that..I can't say that I'm speaking out of experience because my weight never exceeded 50 kg, but as I see these people, I know there is much more to them than how they look. There is so much more purity inside, and it just saddens me to see them being said things like that. It gets more sad when I see them being hurt by all the vicious words. Yes, honesty is the best policy, and friends say truthful things to each other, but some words said shouldn't be so shallow or hurtful. Just like they say, the person who says does not feel pain, but the person who hears feels it.
So for those people out there, don't allow yourself to be saddened by these people. Whether they accidentally or purposely say it, don not allow yourself to be struck by their words. Just love yourself for who you are, and other people out there will love you for who you are. I said this before. In life you have to make even the simplest choices. People say things. Some things may be good, and some may be bad. Whether it's good or bad you don't have the power to control, but what you can do is listen to it or not. If you choose to listen to it,you must choose again whether to be affected by it or not. This does not imply to just this matter, but other things that may be offensive too.
It is all in the mind, and the mind is a very powerful thing. So always think on the bright side. Because no one is perfect. For those of you who owns a beautiful and vuluptuous body, count your blessings. And do the world a big favour and don't criticize those who doesn't have what u have. Because nothing lasts forever. Even beauty diminishes over time. So just always feel good about yourself, even if your 50 or 100 kg. Because no matter what size u carry upon your body, remember, that there is more, MUCH more, than meets the eye...

1 comment:

Michael Huang said...

Muahahahahahaha..

Interesting post you have there.

I have to be honest, even men have this kind of issue. Heck, I have a few men who are a bit too conscious about their hair and beauty. Weight even.

Well, I agree with you that size does not matter. It's what inside that counts.

I am actually a guy that does not look too attractive, yet people said I have the look. Weird right?

Vegetables and fruits? You have got to be kidding me. Heck, diabetic people can't have too much of that. I happen to know since my grandma has one.

Everything has sugar, to be honest. It's actually all about MODERATION!! Nothing to do with eating less fat.

Sigh..It is common for people to be too shallow. I also wondered when is the time people will start to overlook these shallow things.

Just my 2 cents, since I am bored out of my mind.

Till then..

-Michael-